Bacon and Cheese Breadsticks
These are quick breadsticks that have a punch of flavor that keeps them coming back for more. You can make these with a traditional bread mix, or you can use a gluten-free bread mix like Chebe Garlic Onion Breadstick Mix.
- 1 box Breadstick Mix (garlic/onion, gluten free)
- 2 tbsp olive
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup water
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 6 slices bacon (cut in half)
1) Prepare the oven to bake at 375 degrees.
2) Place parchment paper on a baking sheet.
3) In a bowl, mix the breadstick mix, cheddar cheese, olive oil, water, and eggs. Knead the dough (on a floured surface) for about 2 minutes or until smooth.
4) Divide the dough into 12 parts and hand roll into sticks (like rolling a snake out of playdough).
5) They should be 7 to 8 inches long.
6) Put the rolled dough on the parchment paper on the baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes.
7) Meanwhile mix the Parmesan cheese, and garlic powder and put on a plate.
8) Remove the breadsticks temporarily from the oven and wrap them in bacon, stretching the bacon as you wrap.
9) Roll the bacon wrapped breadsticks in the garlic/cheese mixture and return to the baking sheet.
10) Bake the breadsticks another 20 minutes or until the bread is crisp and the bacon is cooked.