2 diced shallots
2 1/2 tbsp minced garlic
1/8 tsp salt
1 tbsp olive oil
3 cups milk or milk substitute
3/4 tsp salt
8 oz pasta – uncooked
3 1/2 cups broccoli – steamed
pepper to taste
1) Over medium heat (in a saute pan) add the olive oil and bring to temperature and then cook the shallots and garlic.
2) Turn up the heat to medium-high.
3) Add the pasta, milk, and salt and bring to a boil.
4) Reduce heat back to medium and boil for 14 minutes, stirring every-so-often.
5) Lower heat to low and cook for 2 to 3 minutes more until the pasta is done and the sauce is reduced.
6) Add the broccoli and season with the Parmesan. Add pepper to taste.