Coconut yogurt (sugar-free)
3 tbsp sea salt
1 zest of a lime
2 tbsp dill (just the fronds)
1 deboned wild salmon fillet
1) In a blender or food processor blend the lime, zest, dill and sea salt together until finely chopped.
2) Pat the salmon dry with toweling and rub the meat with the blended mixture being sure to coat all sides.
3) Be sure to coat all of the meat thoroughly.
4) Wrap the salmon in plastic wrap, place in a glass bowl, and store in the refrigerator for two to three days.
5) After at least 48 hours, remove the salmon.
6) Drain away any liquid that has accumulated and wipe away any of the coating that remains.
7) The salt has cured the gravlox.
8) You can rewrap the salmon in clean plastic wrap and continue to store it for a couple of weeks.
9) When you are ready to eat it be sure to rinse in in cool water just before serving and pat dry as that reduced the saltiness.
10) Never rinse it in water unless you are ready to eat it.
11) Slice it very thinly and serve with sugar-free coconut yogurt on the side. It’s delicious!