Lime Dill Salmon Gravlox with a side of Coconut Yogurt
Breakfast – a meal that should be easy and quick. This dish can be prepared and ready-to-eat in 5 to 10 minutes. It’s delicious and what a great way to start the day!
- Coconut yogurt (sugar-free)
- 3 tbsp sea salt
- 1 zest of a lime
- 2 tbsp dill (just the fronds)
- 1 deboned wild salmon fillet
- 1) In a blender or food processor blend the lime, zest, dill and sea salt together until finely chopped.
- 2) Pat the salmon dry with toweling and rub the meat with the blended mixture being sure to coat all sides.
- 3) Be sure to coat all of the meat thoroughly.
- 4) Wrap the salmon in plastic wrap, place in a glass bowl, and store in the refrigerator for two to three days.
- 5) After at least 48 hours, remove the salmon.
- 6) Drain away any liquid that has accumulated and wipe away any of the coating that remains.
- 7) The salt has cured the gravlox.
- 8) You can rewrap the salmon in clean plastic wrap and continue to store it for a couple of weeks.
- 9) When you are ready to eat it be sure to rinse in in cool water just before serving and pat dry as that reduced the saltiness.
- 10) Never rinse it in water unless you are ready to eat it.
- 11) Slice it very thinly and serve with sugar-free coconut yogurt on the side. It’s delicious!