1 medium tomato, cubed
1 oz./25 grams fresh part-skim mozzarella cheese, cubed
1 cup fresh spinach leaves
1 clove garlic, pressed
1 teaspoon olive oil
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
2 teaspoons sunflower seeds
Black pepper to taste
Fresh, chopped, basil leaves for garnish
1) Place the spinach leaves in a bowl and toss in the tomato and mozzarella.
2) Add the oil and garlic and toss lightly to combine the ingredients.
3) Sprinkle the sunflower seeds and balsamic vinegar over the top and then add the basil leaves.
4) Season with black pepper.
5) Eat “au natural” or with 1-2 whole wheat bread sticks.
6) If you are making this salad to eat later, put the olive oil and vinegar in a bottle and add when it’s time to eat.