4 slices of sugar free smoked Canadian bacon
2 eggs poached to desired doneness
1 gluten free English muffin
Chives for garnish
1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
1 egg yolk
1/2 tsp lemon juice
1 small clove garlic minced
1 tsp Dijon mustard
pinch of cumin
pinch of paprika
pinch of red pepper flakes (not too much if you don’t like heat)
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
2 tsp fresh chopped basil
1) In a double boiler over high heat, or in a smaller pan nested inside a larger pan on the stove, with boiling water in the larger pan.
2) Put the yogurt, lemon, egg yolk, and garlic in the smaller pan and beat vigorously while cooking for 15 minutes – it’s a workout, but it’s worth it
3) Stir in the Dijon mustard, cumin, paprika, red pepper flakes, salt, pepper, and basil.
4) Toast the English muffins
5) Place the ham and egg on top of each muffin half and top with hollandaise sauce
6) Sprinkle with chopped chives and enjoy!