1 tbsp plus 2 tsp olive oil
1/4 cup diced red onion
1 cup cooked quinoa, cook according to package instructions
1 cup cooked brown lentils, drained
4 oz can diced green chilies
1/3 cup rolled oats
1/4 cup Whole Wheat Flour
2 tsp cornstarch
1/4 cup whole wheat panko bread crumbs
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp cumin
1 tsp paprika
Salt and Pepper to taste
Honey Dijon Mustard Recipe:
2 tablespoons Dijon Mustard
3 teaspoons honey
1) Sauté onion in 2 teaspoons olive oil until tender, about 4 minutes.
2) Prepare Honey Dijon mustard by combining the ingredients and refrigerating until ready to use.
3) Thoroughly combine all burger ingredients in a large mixing bowl, make into 4 burger style patties.
4) In a large skillet, on medium heat add 1 tablespoon olive oil, add patties.
5) Cook until brown on both sides, about 10-12 minutes.
6) Enjoy with your favorite bun or roll, spread on Honey Dijon Mustard if desired.