4 medium sweet potatoes
2 eggs, whisked
1/2 cup almond flour
2 teaspoons sea salt
1/4 cup green onions, chopped (plus some for garnish)
1/4 cup coconut oil
1) Pierce the surface of the sweet potatoes with a fork and wrap in damp paper towels and place in a microwave safe bowl with about a 1/2 inch of water.
2) Microwave on high for 7 to 9 minutes or until tender.
3) Set aside for 5 minutes to cool.
4) Peel one sweet potato and mash it.
5) Peel the other 3 sweet potatoes and coarsely grate them using a box grater or food processor.
6) Put mashed and grated sweet potatoes in a mixing bowl and add the eggs, flour, salt and green onions.
7) Toss to mix.
8) Using a saute pan, add the coconut oil and heat over medium.
9) Once the oil is hot drop the sweet potato mixture into the oil in spoon fulls that form “cakes” (you can flatten them with a spatula).
10) Turn and cook until brown and crisp (about 5 minutes).
11) Place of paper toweling to drain and serve hot.