large portobello mushrooms, stems and gills removed
1 ear fresh corn, shucked
1 cup canned refried beans
2 ParBaked Pizza Crust – I make the cauliflower pizza crust
1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
1/2 cup shredded Jack cheese
1 cup prepared salsa
1 finely chopped shallot
1 avocado, halved and sliced
2 green onions, thinly sliced
Cilantro for garnish, optional
1/2 lb cooked ground beef (lean)
1. Brush grill grate well with oil, and preheat grill to medium.
2. Brush mushrooms and corn with 1 Tbs. oil. Grill 4 to 5 minutes, or until pronounced grill marks form, turning occasionally. Cool until easy to handle. Thinly slice mushrooms, and cut kernels off corncob.
3. Place one pizza crust down and spread with beans
4. Top with ground beef and chopped shallot.
5. Put second crust on top pinching outside of two pizza crusts together to sandwich in the meat.
6. Top with cheeses, salsa, mushrooms, corn, avocado, and green onions. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
4. Place pizza on grill (I use a preheated pizza stone on the grill), close lid, and cook 7 minutes, or until bottom of crust is crisp and has pronounced grill marks. Garnish with cilantro, if using.