2 tbsp olive oil
1 diced large onion
1 cup diced carrots
1 cup celery (diced)
2 cups green zucchini (diced)
2 large minced garlic cloves
2 tbsp tomato paste
6 cups vegetable broth (low-sodium)
1 bay leaf
1 tsp sea salt
Freshly ground pepper, to taste
1 1/2 cups (approximately two ears) corn off the cob
3 large chopped and diced (with juice) tomatoes
15-oz can drained and rinsed salt free navy beans
¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
1) Use a large soup pot.
2) Bring the pot to temperature on the stove-top over medium heat.
3) Add the olive oil, onions, celery, carrots, and zucchini and stir occasionally as you cook the vegetables until tender (about 7-8 minutes).
4) Add the garlic and cook another 3 minutes.
5) Add the tomato paste and mix in.
6) Turn the heat up and add the rest of the ingredients.
7) Once it comes to a boil, reduce the heat to a simmer and cook uncovered for another 15 minutes.
8) Serve steaming hot and watch it disappear.