Spicy BBQ Chickpea Burgers
The warm smell of vanilla invites the senses to pause and enjoy this smooth, creamy custard accented with the bright flavors of fresh fruit. Mmmm, Mmmm, good!
- 4 eggs (beaten well)
- 4 cups milk (I use 1%)
- 1 ripe banana mashed
- 1 tsp vanilla
- pinch of nutmeg
- pinch of cinnamon
- 4 single serving baking dishes
- 1 tea kettle of boiling water
- 1/2 cup of seasonal fresh fruit (cut up or whole but should be bite sized)
1) Bring the oven to temperature at 325 F.
2) On the stove bring the milk JUST to a boil
3) Beat the eggs in a small bowl and once milk is hot SLOWLY pour 1/3 cup of the hot milk into the eggs while constantly stirring them
4) Pour the egg/milk mixture into the rest of the hot milk stirring all the time
5) Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well
6) Place the individual baking dishes in a 13X9 inch baking pan and pour the boiling water from the tea kettle into the 13X9 inch pan creating a “bath” that the single serving baking dishes rest in.
7) Fill the single serving baking dishes with the Custard mixture
8) Bake for 30 minutes or until a knife inserted in the top of the custard comes out clean.
9) Let cool to a warm temperature
10) Top with fresh fruit and serve