1 pound sage pork breakfast sausage
3 tablespoons butter
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
3 cups milk
1) In a large skillet, over medium-high heat, cook the sausage until brown and crumbly.
2) Turn the stove-top temperature down to medium.
3) If there’s excess oil, drain it but keep back a tablespoon of the sausage grease in the pan.
4) Add the 3 tbsp of butter and carefully stir in the flour, coating the sausage and allowing to cook for 2-3 minutes.
5) Add the milk to the sausage mixture and continue stirring to thicken the gravy.