24-28 oz can of peeled plum tomatoes (diced or crush with your hands)
1 small onion, diced
2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped or minced
2 tablespoons of cilantro, chopped
2 tablespoons of parsley, chopped
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 tsp salt (add more to taste)
1/2 cup of Mina Harissa
1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil
1) Heat olive oil in tagine or large skillet.
2) Add onions and sweat for a few minutes.
3) Add garlic and cook for a few minutes.
4) Then add tomatoes, herbs, spices and harissa.
5) Cover and bring to a simmer on medium heat.
6) Allow the sauce to cook for 30 minutes occasionally stirring.
7) Once sauce comes together, slightly reduce heat (low enough to maintain a simmer).
8) Crack eggs over top, cover tightly making sure no steam can escape and continue to cook for 5 minutes or until the egg whites are cooked, and the yolks are partially runny.
9) Garnish with a little chopped parsley and serve immediately with crusty bread. Enjoy!