4 cups water – warm
1 cup grape tomatoes (plus 1/2 cup more for dicing)
1 large carrot
1/2 red bell pepper with seeds removed
1/2 medium yellow onion
1 avocado, halved (1/2 goes in soup and 1/2 diced for topping)
1 small handful fresh cilantro
1 teaspoon salt-free herb seasoning
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp chili powder
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp salt
Tobasco sauce to taste (a little goes a long way)
1 can drained black beans
1 can drained corn
1 can drained white beans
Diced grape tomatoes
Diced 1/2 avocado
Corn Tortilla Chips (I like organic blue chips)
Sour Cream (dairy free is good)
1) In a high speed blender or large food processor add water, tomatoes, bell pepper, carrot, avocado, onion, cilantro, seasoning, paprika, cumin, garlic powder, chili powder, tobasco sauce, and salt.
2) Mix until smooth (you may have to do this in a couple of batches if your blender is smaller).
3) Place this mixture in a large soup pan on the stove, over medium heat.
4) Add the corn, black beans, and white beans, mixing as you do.
5) Heat soup on stove until it is steaming.
6) For garnishes chop the tomatoes, cilantro, avocado, and what other vegetables you’d like to use as garnish and put them on a platter or in small serving dishes.
7) Crush the corn chips for placing in the bottom of the soup bowls before serving the soup.
8) Serve the soup over the tortilla chips and garnish the soup as you’d like. Enjoy!